Intern job description: Marketing and Communications Intern – Multimedia
At the Wake Forest University School of Business, our mission is to shape the whole person. We help businesses create a better world through developing passionate, ethical business leaders who get results with integrity and thought leadership that is visible and positively impacts the practice of business.
We seek dynamic self-starters to assist communications and marketing efforts for the School of Business. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of communications and marketing.
- Create and curate visually engaging content
- Photography/videography at events (Some events may occasionally occur in the evening or on a weekend)
- Provide cutline/social media post information for events for web and social media platforms
- Interview business students, faculty, staff, and alumni
- Brainstorm appealing and visual ways to connect with target audiences
- Assist with content calendar and brainstorm ideas for new and innovative multimedia campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Organize and edit videos to meet the needs of the marketing department
- Create online photo galleries
- Aid in organizing media for WFUSB archives
- Assist in managing YouTube/Vimeo social media platform
- Assist the staff in preparing visual social media posts
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong photography, editing, and organizational skills
- Ability to gather accurate information for cutlines and social media posts
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines
- Excellent Photoshop, iMovie/Adobe Premiere skills
- Efficiency at MS Office, Google Docs/Drive
- Ability to create simple graphics using Canva, Adobe Spark or other comparable design services (InDesign is a plus, but not required)
- Web publishing skills
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
Course credit is given in accordance with departmental guidelines (major or minor).
As a result of the internship, selected students will develop a range of skill sets expected of entry-level job candidates after college
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3-5 relevant photo/video samples to Stephanie Skordas at Skordas@wfu.edu. Finalist interviews will be scheduled around candidate’s schedules.
Visit our newsroom at business.wfu.edu/newsroom.