Professor Tim Janke
Associate Dean of MBA Programs; Professor of the Practice
After 6 years as Adjunct and Visiting Professor, Tim Janke was appointed Professor of Practice in 2012 in the Wake Forest University School of Business. In July, of 2016, Tim was appointed Associated Dean for the MBA Programs. Prior to joining Wake Forest, Mr. Janke served as Vice President Administration and Worldwide Operations for the Maybelline division of L'Oreal Paris and Vice President Operations for Sara Lee Hosiery.
Since retiring from L'Oreal in 2001, Mr. Janke has been responsible for the development and implementation of 8 committed Angel funds across North Carolina to include ongoing educational programs for both investors and entrepreneurs seeking private equity investment. Coauthor of the "Investor-Ready Entrepreneur" and "NC Angels" seminars, Mr. Janke has conducted these programs both nationally and internationally. As founder of the Inception Micro Angel Family of Funds the groups have closed over 80 private equity deals totaling $12M in investments.
Mr. Janke holds an undergraduate degree in analytical chemistry from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill as well as a Doctorate in Law and a Master's Degree in Labor Relations from Woodrow Wilson College of Law -- Oglethorpe University and a Masters of Business Administration from Wake Forest University.
Securities law, contract law, professional ethics and private equity.
- MBA, Wake Forest University (Business) - 1989
- LLM, Woodrow Wilson College of Law (Labor Relations) - 1978
- JD, Woodrow Wilson College of Law (Law) - 1977
- BA, University of North Carolina (Analytical Chemistry) - 1973
- Business Law, Ethics, Entrepreneurship, Private Equity
- 2017 - MSA Teaching Award 2016-2017, MSA Program
- 2016 - MSA Teaching Award 2015-2016, MSA Program, School of Business
- 2015 - MSA Teaching Award 2014-2015, School of Business
- 2014 - MSA Teaching Award 2013-2014, Schools of Business
- 2014 - Service MVP Award 2013-2014, Schools of Business
- 2011 - Outstanding Contribution, U. S. Small Business Administration
- 2009 - Service and Excellence, North Carolina Biotechnology Center
- 2005 - Leadership, North Carolina Biotechnology Center