Dr. Philip Howard
Assistant Professor of Finance
I am an assistant professor of finance at Wake Forest University's School of Business and a senior research associate at the Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise. I am the lead quantitative analyst for the Active Management Research Alliance.
My research spans international finance, monetary policy and alternative investments. My work has recently been featured in Bloomberg, published in the American Economic Review and awarded a 2019 Unigestion Alternative Risk Premia research academy project.
At Wake Forest I teach Quantitative Finance in the undergraduate finance program and Financial Analytics in the Masters in Business Analytics program. I am the 2018-2019 recipient of the T.B. Rose Fellowship in Business Teaching Award for pedagogical innovation.
I received a PhD in finance from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I earned a master's degree in Statistics and Operations Research and a bachelor's of science degree with highest honors in Mathematical Decision Sciences from the Department of Statistics and Operations Research at UNC-Chapel Hill.
International Finance, Alternative Investments
- Ph D, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Finance) - 2016
- MS, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Operations Research and Statistics) - 2010
- BS, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Mathematical Decision Sciences) - 2008
- International Finance, Alternative Investments
- Quantitative Finance, International Finance, Corporate Finance
(). BKK the EZ Way: An International Production Economy with Recursive Preferences.
American Economic Review, | more information
- 2019 - T.B. Rose Fellowship in Business Teaching Award, Wake Forest University's School of Business
- 2019 - Unigestion Alternative Risk Premia Research Award, Unigestion
- January 1, 2019 - Scientists Prove Crowded Hedge Fund Stocks Are Real and Risky, Bloomberg | more information
- January 1, 2019 - Crowded Trades and Tail Risk, Novus Research Library | more information
- November 18, 2017 - Meet North Carolina's Best-Run Public Companies, Triangle Business Journal | more information