Dr. Norma R. Montague
Senior Associate Dean of Programs, Senior Associate Dean of MSM Program; Associate Professor of Accounting
Norma Montague, Assistant Professor of Accounting has a B.A. and M.A. in Accounting from North Carolina State University. Norma has taught courses in both English and Spanish as an instructor at Central Carolina Community College in Sanford, NC. She was a graduate accounting instructor while pursuing her Ph.D. in Accounting at University of South Florida and earned the Emerging Scholar Award at the KPMG Ph.D. Project Accounting DSA Conference in August 2010. She currently teaches financial accounting and auditing courses in the School of Business's undergraduate program and the Master of Science in Accountancy program. In 2013, Norma was awarded the T.B. Rose Fellowship in Business award, which recognizes a notable innovation or initiative related to instruction to our undergraduate or graduate programs. Her research interests are primarily in the areas of auditing with a behavioral decision making focus.
- Ph D, University of South Florida (Auditing Research) - 2010
- My research interests are primarily in the areas of auditing with a behavioral and decision making focus. I am interested in the judgments and decision making of auditors as professional standards and reporting requirements evolve.
- My primary teaching interests are in auditing and financial accounting.
- Montague, N., Violette, G. (Forthcoming). The Millennial Internship Experience. The CPA Journal.
- Kelton, A., Montague, N. (Forthcoming). The Unintended Consequences of Uncertainty Disclosures Made by Auditors and Managers on Nonprofessional Investor Judgments. Accounting, Organizations and Society (AOS).
- Violette, G., Montague, N., Owen, S. (Forthcoming). The Future is Now: Internships and the Next Generation of Accounting Professionals. Today's CPA.
- Cianci, A., Houston, R., Montague, N., Vogel, R. (2017). Audit partner identification: Unintended consequences on audit judgment. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory
- Montague, N., Fay, R. (2015). I'm not Biased. Am I? Journal of Accountancy (February)
- Montague, N., Bratten, B., Gaynor, L., McDaniel, L., Sierra, G. (2013). The Audit of Fair Values and Other Estimates: The Effects of Underlying Environmental, Task, and Auditor-Specific Factors. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, 32 (1), 7-1.
- Montague, N. (2012). Articulation Agreements: No Credits Left Behind. Issues in Accounting Education, 27 (1), 281-298.
- Cohen, J., Gaynor, L. M., Holder-Webb, L., Montague, N. (2009). Management's Discussion & Analysis: Implications for Audit Practice and Research. Current Issues in Auditing, 2 (2), A26-A35.
- Cohen, J., Gaynor, L. M., Holder-Webb, L., Montague, N. (2008). Management's Discussion & Analysis: Completing the Picture. Executive's Tax & Management Report, 71 (10), 7-9.
- Gaynor, L. M., Montague, N., Schafer, B. A. (2007). Disclosing Elements of Financial Reporting Quality. Executive's Tax & Management Report, 70 (10), 6-8.
- Montague, N., Fay, R., Cain, C. (). The Sky's the Limit for Auditors of the Cloud. Tennessee CPA Journal (November/December 2016), 26-28.
- 2017 - MA Teaching Award
- 2017 - Nominated for the 2017 J. Michael and Mary Anne Cook Prize of AAA, American Accounting Association
- 2016 - Issues in Accounting Education Best Paper Award, American Accounting Association
- 2016 - Nominated for the 2016 J. Michael and Mary Anne Cook Prize of AAA, American Accounting Association
- 2015 - Innovation in Auditing and Assurance Education Award, American Accounting Association
- 2014 - Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory Best Paper Award, American Accounting Association
- 2013 - T. B. Rose Fellowship in Business, School of Business
- 2012 - Guest Coach, WFU Men's Soccer Team
- 2010 - Emerging Scholar Award, KPMG Ph.D. Project
- April 16, 2015 - 5 COMMON UNCONSCIOUS BIASES THAT LEAD TO BAD DECISIONS , Fast Company| more information