Associate Professor of Management
Dr. Lisa Dragoni is an Associate Professor of Management in the School of Business at Wake Forest University (Ph.D., University of Maryland). Her area of interest is leadership and its development - an interest she pursues in her teaching and in partnerships with various organizations to create insights that are helpful to practicing managers, students and scholars. Results created from these partnerships have guided managerial decisions about how best to develop leadership in Dr. Dragoni's partner organizations. In addition, she has produced a number of leading peer-reviewed publications in applied organizational psychology and management and has been asked to present this work in a variety of domestic and international venues. Dr. Dragoni has taught undergraduate, graduate and executive students while at her previous institutions (University of Maryland, University of Iowa, Cornell University). Prior to her career in academia, Dr. Dragoni worked as an executive coach, trainer, and consultant and has worked with over 6000 employees, managers, and executives on various management issues.
Leadership and Leadership Development, Learning and Employee Development, Motivation
- Ph D, University of Maryland (Management (Organizational Behavior)) - 2005
- MA, The George Washington University (Women's Studies and Public Policy) - 1995
- BA, Franklin and Marshall College (Business administration) - 1992
- Learning and employee development, particularly leadership development
- Career and developmental impact of different forms of work experience
- Motivation, particularly goal orientation
- Organizational Behavior, Leadership, Teams, Strategic OB/HRM
(2015). Leadership Development: Outcome-oriented Review based on Time and Levels of Analyses. .
Annual Review of Organizational Psychology and Organizational Behavior, 2, 133-156.
(2014). Developing Leaders' Strategic Thinking through Global Work Experiences: The Moderating Role of Cultural Distance.
Journal of Applied Psychology, 99, 867-882.
(2014). Show and Tell: How Supervisors Facilitate Leader Development among Transitioning Leaders.
Journal of Applied Psychology, 99, 66-86.
(2013). Repatriation after Global Assignments: Current HR Practices and Suggestions for Ensuring Successful Repatriation.
People & Strategy, 36 (1), 47-57.
(2012). Better Understanding Work Unit Goal Orientation: Its Emergence and Impact under Different Types of Work-unit Structure.
Journal of Applied Psychology, 97, 1032-1048.
- Dragoni, L. , Tesluk, P.
- 2016 - Exxon-Wayne Calloway Faculty Fellow (2016-2018), Wake Forest University, School of Business
- 2012 - Northeast Regional Case Competition , Society of Human Resource Management (Advisor)
- 2012 - Research Grants, Center for the Advancement of Human Resource Studies
- 2012 - Best Symposium of the Year Award (Organizer and Presenter) , Careers Division, Academy of Management Conference, 2012
- 2011 - Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, University of Maryland
- 2005 - Professor of the Month Award, Delta Sigma Pi, Epsilon Chapter, University of Iowa
- 2003 - University of Maryland Graduate School Dissertation Fellowship, University of Maryland
- 2000 - Research Grant, University of Maryland