Dr. Kenny Herbst
Associate Dean of the Undergraduate Program, Sisel Faculty Fellow, Associate Professor of Marketing
Dr. Kenny Herbst is the Associate Dean of the Undergraduate Business Program, a Sisel Faculty Fellow, and an Associate Professor of Marketing in the School of Business at Wake Forest University. He has a master's and Ph.D. from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a B.A. from Wake Forest University. In 2016, he won the Kienzle Alumni Teaching Award (given for outstanding contribution to the education and personal development of our MBA/MA/MSM alumni who graduated at least three years ago). Recently, he has also won the MA/MSM Educator of the Year Award (in 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2018, and 2019), the School of Business High Impact Scholarship Award (in 2014), and the School of Business Spirit Award (in 2013).
Dr. Herbst's expertise includes obesity and unhealthy food consumption, branding and trust effects in advertising, affect and cognition in consumer decision making, food marketing, point of purchase, and supermarket retailing and merchandising practices.
- Ph D, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill- 2002
- MA, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill- 1999
- BA, Wake Forest University- 1997
- Obesity and Unhealthy Food Consumption
- Supermarket Retailing and Merchandising
- Food Marketing
- Trust Effects in Advertising
- The Effects of Affect and Cognition on Decisions
- Principles of Marketing (Marketing Management)
- Marketing Research
- Consumer Behavior
Thompson, R. L.
Herbst, K. C.
(2018). Moral identity complexity: Situated morality within and across work and social roles.
Journal of Management, | more information
Herbst, K. C.
(2017). Larger partitions lead to larger sales: Divided grocery carts alter purchase norms and increase sales.
Journal of Business Research, 75, 202-209. | more information
Herbst, K. C.
(2013). Advertisement disclaimer speed and corporate social responsibility: "Costs" to consumer comprehension and effects on brand trust and purchase intention.
Journal of Business Ethics, 117, 297-311. | more information
Herbst, K. C.
Leary, M. R.
McColskey-Leary, C. P.
(2013). Social-evaluative influences moderate the relationship between price and perceived quality.
Social Influence, 8, 54-69. | more information
- 2019 - 2019 MSM Educator of the Year Award
- 2018 - 2018 MA Educator of the Year Award
- 2016 - 2016 Kienzle Alumni Teaching Award
- 2015 - 2015 MA Educator of the Year Award
- 2014 - Sisel Faculty Fellowship, Wake Forest University School of Business
- 2014 - 2014 High Impact Scholarship Award
- 2013 - 2013 MA Educator of the Year Award
- 2013 - 2013 School of Business Spirit Award
- 2012 - 2012 MA Educator of the Year Award
- 2010 - 2010 MA Educator of the Year Award
- December 21, 2018 - Kenny Herbst weighs in on Wake Forest Basketball, The Drive with Josh Graham | more information
- August 31, 2016 - Food prices are down. But there's an upside for the food industry, Forbes.com | more information
- June 29, 2016 - The Best 4th of July Sales and Deals of 2016, WalletHub.com | more information
- June 19, 2016 - Survey at Hornbacher's and Hugo's show slight differences in prices, Grand Forks (North Dakota) Herald | more information
- May 16, 2016 - Former Wake Forest basketball player weighs in on Tim Duncan, possible retirement, The David Glenn Show | more information
- May 10, 2016 - Publix Super Market Opening In Winston-Salem, WFMY TV - News 2 (CBS) in Greensboro, NC | more information
- July 4, 2015 - Hornbacher's move into Grand Forks could mean more competition, Grand Forks (North Dakota) Herald | more information
- May 26, 2015 - How Partitioned Grocery Carts Can Help Shoppers Buy Healthier Foods, National Public Radio (NPR) | more information
- August 15, 2014 - Bagging a bigger share of market, Charlotte Business Journal (article written by Jennifer Thomas) | more information
- November 1, 2013 - Lafayette and Sandra Miller Jones have helped companies reach minority consumers for nearly 30 years, Black Business Ink | more information
- April 3, 2013 - Baseball may be big draw, but customer service keeps fans coming back, Winston-Salem Journal (article written by Wesley Young) | more information
- March 21, 2013 - Deacon Profile: Kenneth Herbst, Old Gold and Black | more information
- June 22, 2012 - Krispy Kreme is hot stuff once again, The Charlotte Observer (article written by Victoria Guida) | more information
- December 18, 2011 - Smithfield