Thomas H. Davis Chair; Professor and Area Chair; UG Program Director -Math Business
Haresh Gurnani is the Thomas H Davis Chair of Business at Wake Forest University. His research interests are related to global supply chain risk management, platform design in sharing economy, product innovation and sustainability, healthcare operations and marketing, and operations-marketing interfaces issues including contract design and retail distribution channel management.
He serves as Area Chair of Quant Methods/Analytics, Operations Management, Marketing, and Economics areas; Program Director of the Mathematical Business program; and has served as the Benson-Pruitt Professor of Business and Executive Director of the Center for Retail Innovation at Wake Forest University.
He was previously Leslie O Barnes Professor in the Department of Management at the University of Miami, Coral Gables where he served as Chair of the Management Department and on the University's Research Council, Graduate Council and the Provost's University-wide Advisory Promotion Board.
He has received several research and teaching awards, including The William W. Cooper Award for the Best Doctoral Dissertation in the area of Business and Economics, The William Larimer Fellowship, and Richard M. Cyert Fellowship nomination at Carnegie Mellon University, Cowan Faculty Research award at Wake Forest University, the University of Miami Excellence in Teaching nomination, Best Professor of Management award from the World Education Congress, the Michael G. Dale Prize nomination for Teaching and the Franklin Prize for Teaching Excellence at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. In 2015, two of his papers (in Management Science and IIE Transactions) received the best paper awards.
He has served on review panels for the National Science Foundation, the Department of Homeland Security, and on multiple journal editorial boards. He is the founding Department Editor at Production and Operations Management Journal in the interface area of Operations Economics, and also serves as Guest Associate Editor at Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Department Editor at Decision Sciences, Associate Editor at Service Science, Editorial Board Member at Journal of Retailing, and has previously served as Area Editor at IIE Transactions.
He has served as Vice-President (Publications) and as Vice-President (Colleges) for the Production and Operations Management Society. He has co-edited a book on Supply Chain Disruptions: Theory and Practice of Managing Risk, published by Springer-Verlag (London) in 2011. His research publications have been accepted in journals such as Management Science, Marketing Science, Journal of Marketing Research, Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, Production and Operations Management, Journal of International Business Studies, Naval Research Logistics, IIE Transactions, Decision Sciences, Journal of Retailing, IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, European Journal of Operational Research, etc.
He has interacted extensively on research and training programs in different industries, including those corporations such as IBM, AT&T, General Motors, Lowes Foods, Covidien, Burger King, Texas Instruments, Volvo, Hanesbrands, Food Lion, INMAR, and Bellomy Research, along with various Asian companies.
Haresh received his B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering) from the Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi, and the M.S. and Ph.D. from Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, USA. He is a member of INFORMS, Production and Operations Management Society, the Manufacturing & Service Operations Management Society, and the Council for Supply Chain Management Professionals.
Operations and Supply Chain Risk Management, Process and Supply Chain Analytics, Retail Marketing, Product Innovation and Sustainability, Behavioral Operations, Healthcare Operations and Marketing, Operations for Financial Professionals
- Supply Chain Risk Management
- Applied Game Theory models
- Behavioral Operations Management
- Healthcare Operations and Marketing
- Interface with Marketing, Information Systems and Economics.
- UG, MBA, Exec MBA, Exec Ed and PhD courses - Process Analytics, Supply Chain Analytics
- Business Analytics, Operations Management, Retail Marketing and Operations
- Healthcare Operations and Marketing.
Strategic Inventory and Supplier Encroachment.
Manufacturing and Service Operations Management.
(2018). Optimal Design of Returns Policies.
Marketing Science, 37 (4), 649-667.
(2018). Multichannel Distribution Strategy: Selling to a Competing Buyer with Limited Supplier Capacity.
Management Science, 64 (5), 2199-2218.
(2017). Demonstrations and Price Competition in New Product Release.
Management Science, 63 (6), 2016-2026.
(2016). Walking in My Shoes: How Expectations of Role Reversals in Future Transactions Impact Present Behaviors.
Journal of Marketing Research, 53 (3), 381-395.
- Chen, H. , Gupta, D. , Gurnani, H.
- 2018 - Thomas H Davis Chair of Business, Wake Forest University
- 2016 - Cowan Faculty Research Award, Wake Forest University
- 2015 - Best Paper Award, IIE Transactions Focused Issue on Scheduling and Logistics
- 2015 - Best Paper Award, M&SOM Society iFORM Special Interest Group
- 2015 - Benson-Pruitt Professor of Business, Wake Forest University
- 2014 - Leslie O Barnes Professor, University of Miami
- 2013 - Global Best Professor of Management Award, World Education Congress
- April 15, 2019 - Gap-Old Navy Split Could Create Pressure for Suppliers, Sourcing Journal | more information
- March 15, 2019 - Boeing pauses delivery of 737 MAX 8 aircraft, SupplyChainDive | more information
- March 1, 2019 - Three Subtle Supply Chain Trends to Monitor in 2019 (And One Expected Trend), Industry Today | more information
- November 30, 2018 - What Will Cost More -- and Less -- in 2019, US News and World Report | more information
- October 29, 2018 - Rewards Credit Cards: Ask the Experts, Wallethub.com | more information
- March 8, 2018 - What Trump's Tariffs Could Mean for Consumers, US News World Report | more information
- October 9, 2017 - Managing Your Supply Chain: Why Asking Questions Now Can Help Avoid Disturbance Later, American Express | more information
- April 10, 2017 - Wake Forest School of Business MBA Team Takes First Place in 27th Marketing Analytics Summit , Businesswire.com | more information
- January 9, 2017 - https://www.chase.com/news/122716-gas-prices, Chase.com | more information
- April 30, 2016 - Will Lundgren stay at Macy's helm?, Cincinnati Enquirer | more information
- March 23, 2016 - Easter 2016 By the Numbers, Wallethub.com | more information
- February 10, 2016 - Drivers-paying-lowest-february-gas-prices-in-12-years, Time Warner Cable News | more information
- January 5, 2016 - What Consumers Should Know About Dynamic Pricing, USNews | more information
- November 20, 2015 - Why Wal-Mart, Target aren't growing online as quickly as Amazon, MarketWatch |