Dr. Amy Wallis
Professor of the Practice, Bern Beatty Faculty Fellow
Dr. Amy Wallis is a Full Professor of Practice in Organizational Behavior at the Wake Forest University School of Business. Since joining the School of Business in 2012, Amy has taught courses on leadership, ethics, organizational behavior, team development, and change management, and has been instrumental in advancing global immersion courses, where students experience the opportunity to study business practices around the world and travel to international locations to advance their knowledge. She is the faculty leader for the MBA global immersion course in Nicaragua, and a member of a team of faculty who have guided courses in Latin America, India, and China.
Prior to becoming a faculty member, she was an organizational development leader in various international corporate environments focusing on organizational change, talent and leadership development, performance management, and succession planning. She has served as a strategy consultant in Latin America with The Monitor Company, director of workplace learning and development at American University, organizational learning consultant with Development Dimensions International, and talent and performance management lead at Welch Allyn.
Amy consults with organizations in many industries, including travel, high tech, pharmaceutical, professional services, banking, and the non-profit sector. Her past clients include Tauck World Discovery, Philips Medical, Marriott, Teach for America, and Lantiq. She has taught a wide array of professionals in multiple settings, and facilitated leadership development and change management processes in numerous organizations.
Dr. Wallis' expertise includes leadership development, executive coaching, talent and performance management, succession planning, selection and onboarding, and 360 degree feedback. She has significant international experience and has implemented many of these activities across cultures.
- Ph D, Virginia Commonwealth University (Counseling Psychology) - 2003
- MS, Virginia Commonwealth University (Counseling Psychology) - 2000
- BA, University of Scranton (International Language - Business) - 1993
- Organizational Behavior
- Team Development
- Change Management
- Group Processes
- Business Ethics
- 2018 - School of Business Spirit Award, Wake Forest University School of Business
- 2017 - Bern Beatty Faculty Fellow
- March 16, 2018 - Take These Steps To Become Comfortable With Change, Fast Company | more information
- June 24, 2016 - How to Make Sure Your Most Outspoken Employee Doesn't Hog the Spotlight, Fast Company | more information
- May 1, 2015 - How Leaders Can Harness Diversity in the Workplace, Inc. | more information
- July 1, 2013 - Success Is Having A Succession Plan, Direction | more information