The Scholarship Awarding Process
Details of the awarding process:
- The Wake Forest University Schools of Business award scholarships to applicants each year, as funds are available.
- Merit-based scholarships are offered on a competitive basis.
- There is no separate application; all applications received by the scholarship deadline are automatically considered for scholarship awards.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply by the scholarship deadline for consideration for scholarship(s).
- Candidates who apply after the scholarship deadline will be considered as funds are available.
- Applicants who are awarded a scholarship will be notified at the time of the admissions decision.
- Awards will be made only once.
- Admittance does not guarantee a scholarship award.
Eligibility requirement reminder: There are very specific eligibility requirements for the MA in Management program. Please verify your program eligibility before applying. If you have questions about your candidacy, contact one of our admissions counselors.
Scholarship Deadline: All MA candidates who submit a complete application before the scholarship deadline will automatically be considered for scholarship awards.
Scholarship types: There are four types of scholarships offered by the Office of Graduate Business Admissions, including Corporate Fellowships, Deacon Scholar awards, Choctaw Scholar awards and merit-based scholarship awards. To be considered, please review all information on the awarding process.
The Schools of Business is strongly committed to building a diverse student body. To further this goal, we have developed Corporate Fellowships for our MA in Management program in an effort to reward high-achieving students from underrepresented groups. Fellows receive full tuition plus a $10,000 stipend to help cover living expenses. They will also receive personal mentoring from a high-level executive at a major corporation. Present Corporate Fellowship sponsors include: American Express, Cigna, ExxonMobil, Flow Companies, Frito-Lay, Hanesbrands, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, PepsiCo, Reynolds American, Steelcase and Walmart.
Corporate Fellowships are limited to U.S. citizens. Decisions regarding the Corporate Fellowship award will be made by the Admissions Committee on a rolling basis. Corporate Fellowships are highly competitive.
Download the MA Corporate Fellowship brochure
Candidates interested in being considered for the Corporate Fellowship award for Summer 2013 enrollment are required to:
- Complete the online admissions application for the MA in Management program and submit all supplemental application components by the scholarship deadline.
- Submit the Corporate Fellowship essay (via the online application) by the scholarship deadline. The essay should be completed in 500 words or less. The Corporate Fellowship essay question is "Wake Forest and one of its Corporate Partners should invest in me because...."
Deacon Scholars Program
This full-tuition scholarship program is for candidates who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and displayed campus leadership and involvement. Applicants must meet one set of the following crieteria to be considered and are encouraged to apply by the scholarship deadline. No separate application is required.
- Overall GPA minimum of 3.25 AND GMAT minimum of 650 or GRE minimum of 316
- Overall GPA minimum of 3.50 AND GMAT minimum of 630 or GRE minimum of 314
Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma - Choctaw Scholars Program
The Wake Forest University Schools of Business and the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma Scholarship Advisement Program (CNO SAP) have partnered to provide scholarship opportunities specifically for members of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma. If you are interested and/or eligible, contact Lance Bennett for more information.
The Office of Graduate Business Admissions awards a range of scholarships to select, qualified candidates. All applicants are encouraged to apply by the scholarship deadline for consideration. No separate application is required.