Deloitte Foundation Accounting Scholars Program
The Wake Forest School of Business is proud to collaborate with the Deloitte Foundation to champion diverse talent entering the CPA profession. Together, Wake Forest and the Deloitte Foundation are happy to support students with a record of commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion by providing a limited number of full scholarships to the Wake Forest Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA) degree program. To be considered for the Deloitte Foundation Accounting Scholars Program, please review eligibility and application requirements below.
Specifically, the criteria to be considered for this scholarship are:
- Currently enrolled in a Historically Black College University (HBCU), Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), or other accredited College, or University in the United States.
- Pursuing an undergraduate baccalaureate degree in accounting from an accredited program. (Note: Undergraduate finance or other business majors would also be eligible if they are able to complete the MSA program by August 2024).
- Strong academic track record; minimum of 3.0 GPA (on 4.0 scale).
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Must meet the standards for admission to the Wake Forest MSA program.
- Have an interest in pursuing a career in public accounting and obtaining their CPA, but not presently a CPA.
- Must matriculate to the one-year Wake Forest’s Master of Science in Accountancy program that runs between June 2023 and May 2024, and complete such program, including the 150 credit hour requirement for CPA eligibility, by May 2024.
- In the spirit of supporting a diverse student population, applicants shall demonstrate a knowledge and appreciation for the challenges faced by members of demographic groups underrepresented in the field of public accountancy. In evaluating each student’s application, a student’s personal statement, academic work, campus activities, and community service related to diversity, equity, and inclusion issues relevant to the field of public accountancy will be considered. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, or other status prohibited or disfavored by law.
- Interested candidates must submit a completed admission application to the Wake Forest MSA program and the required Deloitte Foundation Accounting Scholars program application and related essay no later than April 7, 2023.
Note: Scholarship recipients must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) for all semesters and upon graduation.
Candidates interested in this scholars program will apply directly to the MSA program through the standard Wake Forest School of Business MSA Graduate Application. Once admitted to the MSA program, eligible candidates who have completed the optional Deloitte Foundation Accounting Scholars Program Application will be evaluated as a candidate for the scholarship award. Should a candidate wish to apply to for the Deloitte Foundation Accounting Scholars Program following MSA program admission, please complete the Scholarship Application and submit it by April 7, 2023. All selected candidates will be notified no later than May 1, 2023. Please note that Scholarships are limited and interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply early for best consideration.
Visit our Application Deadline page for information on MSA application deadlines.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Susie Hoff, Associate Director of Enrollment Management at email@example.com or 336-758-7255.