Associate Dean of Business Analytics, Professor & Inmar Presidential Chair in Business Analytics, Executive Director of the Center for Analytics Impact
Jeffrey Camm is Associate Dean of Business Analytics and the Inmar Presidential Chair of Analytics at the Wake Forest University School of Business. His scholarship is on the application of optimization modeling to difficult decision problems in a diverse set of application areas including, operations planning and scheduling, supply chain optimization, product design, and conservation. His research has been featured in Business Week/Financial Times-ranked academic journals such as Management Science and Operations Research as well as the renowned journal Science.
Jeff has received a number of teaching awards including the 2006 INFORMS Prize for the Teaching of OR/MS practice. He is coauthor of seven texts on business statistics, management science, and business analytics. He has also been active in the profession, serving in numerous roles within INFORMS, including six years as the editor in chief of Interfaces, the INFORMS journal on practice. Jeff received the 2016 George E. Kimball Medal for distinguished service to the operations research profession and in 2017 he was named an INFORMS Fellow.
Jeff received his PhD in Management Science from Clemson University and a BS in Mathematics from Xavier University. He previously held the Joseph S. Stern Chair in Business Analytics in the Lindner College of Business at the University of Cincinnati, where he served as department head for twenty years, was awarded the life-time appointment as a Fellow of the Graduate School, and was the founding director of the UC Center for Business Analytics. He has also held positions of visiting professor of business administration at the Tuck school of Business at Dartmouth College and visiting scholar at Stanford University. He has consulted for numerous corporations including Procter and Gamble, Owens Corning, GE, Tyco, Ace Hardware, Boar's Head, Brooks Running Shoes and Kroger among others.
Optimization, Supply Chain Design
- Ph D, Clemson University (Management Science) - 1984
- BS, Xavier University (Mathematics) - 1980
- Optimization modeling and algorithms
- Business Analytics, Optimization
(2018). The Evolution of Analytics and Implications for Industry and Academic Programs.
Interfaces, 48 (6), 13 pages.
Camm, J. (2018). How to Influence and Improve Decisions Through Optimization Models. In (Ed.),
Tutorials in Operations Research :
, . (2018).
Business Analytics 3e.
Fry, M. J.
(2017). A Practitioner's Guide to Best Practices in Data Visualization.
Interfaces, 47 (6), 473-488.
(2017). The Demand Weighted Vehicle Routing Problem.
European Journal of Operational Research, 262 (1), 151-162.
- Womer, K. , Li, H. , Camm, J. , Osterman, C. , & Radhakrishnan, R.
- 2017 - INFORMS Fellow, INFORMS
- 2016 - George E. Kimball Medal, INFORMS
- 2006 - INFORMS Prize for Teaching of OR/MS Practice, INFORMS
- 2006 - Supply Chain Rainmaker, DC Velocity Magazine
- 2001 - Dornoff Fellow of Teaching Excellence, University of Cincinnati, Lindner College of Business
- 1996 - Edelman Laureate , INFORMS
- March 23, 2018 - Facebook controversy: Love it or hate it, big data is here to stay, Fox News | more information
- March 1, 2018 - Data Driven Success, Delta SKy Magazine | more information
- November 30, 2017 - Big Data on the Farm, Modern Farm Business | more information
- September 18, 2017 - Why Overconfidence in Algorithms is Bad for Data Analytics with Professor Jeff Camm, The 10 Minutes Business Analytics Podcast
- May 14, 2017 - ACBJ Airport Power Rankings, American City Business Journals | more information
- October 5, 2016 - Responsiveness and Collaboration: Developing a Distinctive, Holistic, Market-Driven MSBA, evolllution.com | more information
- April 20, 2016 - Making Sense of Big Data in an M.S. in Business Analytics, FINDMBA | more information
- March 8, 2016 - Future Of Big Data: These Business Analytics Degrees Are Bridging The Gaping Skills Gap, Business Because | more information
- May 1, 2015 - Companies must teach employees how to swim in new oceans of data, PC World | more information
- March 4, 2015 - Big Data Gets Personal, Cincinnati Magazine | more information