Dr. Holly Brower
Dr. Holly H. Brower joined the Wake Forest University faculty in July 2005. She is currently the Faculty Advisor for Internships for the Business and Enterprise Management Major. Dr. Brower teaches Organizational Behavior, Leadership, Leadership in the Nonprofit Sector, and Leading Change. She has taught undergraduate, MBA and executive students, including in international programs in Germany, Austria and Nicaragua. She is also the faculty advisor for the Kemper Scholars program. After receiving her B. S. in Business from Wake Forest University she spent 10 years managing organizations in the nonprofit sector in Illinois, Colorado and Iowa. Experiences in these organizations included strategic planning, hiring, supervision, motivation, and development of employees (both paid and volunteer), board development, community assessment and development and fundraising. She also earned an M.S. in Business from Iowa State University and after earning her PhD in 2000 from Purdue University, she taught at Butler University in Indianapolis before joining Wake Forest.
Holly is an active member of the Academy of Management and the Southern Management Association. She is a former Associate Editor of " Academy of Management Learning and Education" Journal. Her research interests lie in the areas of corporate governance, leadership, trust and ethical decision making. Publications of her research can be found in the "Administrative Science Quarterly", "Journal of Management", "Academy of Management Learning and Education", "Journal of Business Ethics", "Journal of Management," "Leadership Quarterly", and "Journal of Leadership and Organization Studies". In addition, some of her research was spotlighted in the "Harvard Business Review". She has also presented more than thirty-five papers at National and International academic conferences.
Leadership Motivation High performing teams Spiritual issues in business and management Trust Nonprofit leadership
- Ph D, Purdue University (Organizational Behavior and Human Resources) - 2000
- MS, Iowa State University (Business) - 1995
- BS, Wake Forest University (Business) - 1983
- Corporate Governance
- Pedagogical approaches to teaching OB
- Organizational Behavior
- Nonprofit Leadership
The Impact of Cultural Intelligence and Psychological Hardiness .
Frontiers: The International Journal of Study Abroad.
Lester, S. W.
Korsgaard, M. A.
(2017). Want your employees to trust you? Show them you trust them.
Harvard Business Review, July 5, 2017 | more information
Grover, S. (2016). Organizational Citizenship Behavior and Trust: The Double Reinforcing Spiral. In Philip Podsakoff, Scott B. MacKenzie, & Nathan P. Podsakoff (Ed.),
Oxford Handbook of Organizational Citizenship Behavior (pp. 25). Oxford/Oxford University Press:
Oxford University Press. | more information
(2016). The Quality of Business Ethics Journals: An Assessment Based on Application .
Business & Society / Sage, 55 (2), 188-213.
Brower, H. H.
Steward, M. D.
(2015). Business Professors Need to Spend Time in Companies.
Harvard Business Review, | more information
- 2018 - CTSA Great Team Science Contest Award in Workforce Development, Clinical and Translational Science Awards of NIH
- 2012 - Emerald Management Reviews Citations of Excellence Awards , Emerald Management Reviews
- 2011 - Cowan Faculty Research Award, Wake Forest University Schools of Business
- 2010 - Editorial Board Outstanding Reviewer Award, Academy of Management Learning and Education
- 2007 - T B Rose Fellowship
- 2005 - Golden Apple Teaching Award, Student Council--Butler University
- 2003 - Golden Apple Teaching Award, Student Council--Butler University
- 2002 - Golden Apple Teaching Award, Student Council--Butler University
- 1999 - Purdue Research Scholarship
- 1994 - Beta Gamma Sigma
- 1994 - Murray Bacon Fellowship
- 1983 - Omicron Delta Kappa
- November 27, 2015 - Business Professors Need to Spend Time in Companies, HBR Blog, Facebook, Twitter | more information
- February 1, 2014 - The Power of Trust in Turbulent Times, CFO Thought Leader Podcast
- July 3, 2013 - Be Creative and Transparent to Build Ethical Culture, Investor's Business Daily | more information
- March 29, 2012 - Take These Steps to Improve Weakening Leader Ethics, Investors Business Daily | more information
- September 1, 2009 - Voice of America interview with Rose Hoban, NPR
- August 7, 2009 - Trust Your Employees, Investor's Business Daily | more information
- August 6, 2009 - Trust Your employees, Yahoo! News | more information
- June 18, 2009 - The Importance of Being Trusting, Strategy + Business | more information