Intern job description: Marketing and Communications Intern – Public Relations
At the Wake Forest University School of Business, our mission is to shape the whole person. We help businesses create a better world through developing passionate, ethical business leaders who get results with integrity and thought leadership that is visible and positively impacts the practice of business.
We seek dynamic self-starters to assist communications and marketing efforts for the School of Business. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of communications and marketing.
- Create and curate engaging content
- Reporting on and photographing events – video is a plus! (Some events may occasionally occur in the evening or on a weekend)
- Interview business students, faculty, staff, and alumni
- Brainstorm appealing ways to connect with target audiences
- Assist with social media calendar and brainstorm ideas for new and innovative campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Assist the staff in preparing social media posts and reporting on results
- Create media lists and write news releases
- Perform research and market analysis activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Experience writing using AP style preferred
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines
- Efficiency at MS Office, Google Docs/Drive
- Photo/video skills a plus, as are Photoshop, iMovie, or Adobe Premiere
- Ability to create simple graphics using Canva, Adobe Spark or other comparable design services (InDesign is a plus, but not required)
- Web publishing skills
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
Course credit is given in accordance with departmental guidelines (major or minor).
As a result of the internship, selected students will develop a range of skill sets expected of entry-level job candidates after college
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three relevant writing samples to Stephanie Skordas at Skordas@wfu.edu. Finalist interviews will be scheduled around candidate’s schedules.
Visit our newsroom at business.wfu.edu/newsroom.