Pre-Work Assignments & Textbooks
Title IX Training
Introduction to Understanding and Preventing Sexual Misconduct (sign-off required)
- The Wake Forest University Title IX Office and the School of Business Integrative Student Services team has collaborated to produce this training, which was specifically developed with the needs of MBA students in mind, and articulates important standards regarding our life together in the WFU community.
- Please read through the following information:
- Click here to confirm that you have reviewed this material.
- Click here to complete the brief biographical survey. This information is shared with fellow students and Evening MBA program faculty and staff.
Emergency Contact Information
- Click here to provide emergency contact information.
Technology Overview and New Student Agreements
- Click here to begin the School of Business Technology Overview. This site contains a brief overview of technology resources available to you.
- Click here to complete your New Student Agreements. You will be introduced to these forms during the Technology Overview and they must be completed prior to the first day of classes.
MBA Math (highly recommended)
MBA Math is an online MBA prep program designed to take you through the basics of spreadsheets, statistics (quantitative methods), accounting, finance and microeconomics. The 24 online modules allow you to complete the material at your own pace. All modules contain relevant skills used in the first year MBA classroom. The WFU discount cost is only $149, which gives you access to the website for 1 year so you can review as needed. Please contact Colleen VonDohlen at 336.758.3849 or firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code, then go to MBAmath.com and click on the Admitted student button for more information and to create an account.
Management Communications Online Course (recommended, as needed)
The Management Communications Online Course by Harvard Business Publishing provides students with the skills and guided practice necessary to master fundamental concepts in business communication. The course is organized into three core topics of planning, writing, and presenting. A special emphasis is placed on influencing action in the workplace by leading more effectively through well-organized and successfully-executed business communication strategies. The cost is $55, which gives you access to the website for 1 year to use as needed. Seat time is between 18-22 hours.
Click here for more information and to create an account and register.
Effective Learning Session at Orientation
At the School of Business, faculty often use the case study method to help students develop strategic thinking skills. Dean Charles Iacovou will facilitate a session at Orientation using a sample case to demonstrate this method of teaching. Watch for an email with the link to the case and the accompanying articles to be sent soon.
- Click here to see the 2019-20 academic calendar, which shows the dates you will have class for the first year of the program.
All textbooks are required and are included with your tuition. Books will be distributed at Orientation.
Contact Christa Hitengoku, Associate Director, Integrative Student Services, at 336.758.4573 or email@example.com.