Pre-Work Assignments & Textbooks
Below are a number of resources and action items designed to help you prepare for your MBA program this Fall.
- Click here to complete the brief biographical survey. This information is shared with fellow students and Evening MBA program faculty and staff.
Emergency Contact Information
- Click here to provide emergency contact information.
New Student Agreements & Tasks
- Click here to begin your New Student Agreements & Tasks. This site contains important student agreements and other tasks that are required for new students at the School of Business. This site will be available approximately one month prior to the first day of classes.
Quantitative Methods (highly recommended)
- The Quantitative Methods course is an online, self-paced course that serves as an introduction to using statistical methods to solve business problems. The course teaches statistics from the management perspective and places special emphasis on developing the skills and instincts needed to make good decisions and become a more effective manager. The course includes pre- and post-assessments. Estimated time to completion is 20 to 50 hours, depending on the student’s experience with the material. The cost is $75, which gives you access to the website for 1 year so you can review as needed.
- Click here to create a user name and password to get started.
Financial Accounting (highly recommended)
- The Financial Accounting course is an online, self-paced course that will provide an overview of the business transactions and reports used in financial accounting. Estimated time of completion is 20 hours. The cost is only $45, which gives you access to the website for 1 year so you can review as needed. Click here to create a user name and password to get started.
MBA Math (highly recommended)
MBA Math is an online MBA prep program designed to take you through the basics of spreadsheets, statistics (quantitative methods), accounting, finance and microeconomics. The 24 online modules allow you to complete the material at your own pace. All modules contain relevant skills used in the first year MBA classroom. The WFU discount cost is only $149, which gives you access to the website for 1 year so you can review as needed. Please contact Colleen VonDohlen at 336.758.3849 or firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code, then go to MBAmath.com and click on the Admitted student button for more information and to create an account.
Management Communications Online Course (recommended, as needed)
The Management Communications Online Course by Harvard Business Publishing provides students with the skills and guided practice necessary to master fundamental concepts in business communication. The course is organized into three core topics of planning, writing, and presenting. A special emphasis is placed on influencing action in the workplace by leading more effectively through well-organized and successfully-executed business communication strategies. The cost is $55, which gives you access to the website for 1 year to use as needed. Seat time is between 18-22 hours.
Click here for more information and to create an account and register.
Excel will be used extensively in Quantitative Business Methods and other courses. Please review the following learning collection, Excel for Students on LinkedIn Learning. This learning collection was developed specifically for the Wake Forest MBA programs. Students can log into LinkedIn Learning using their WFU credentials to gain access to this learning collection and TONs of other free training.
Effective Learning Session at Orientation
At the School of Business, faculty often use the case study method to help students develop strategic thinking skills. Dean Charles Iacovou will facilitate a session at Orientation using a sample case to demonstrate this method of teaching. Watch for an email with the link to the case and the accompanying articles to be sent soon.
- Click here to see the 2019-20 academic calendar, which shows the dates you will have class for the first year of the program.
All textbooks are required and are included with your tuition. Books will be distributed at Orientation.
Contact Christa Hitengoku, Associate Director, Integrative Student Services, at 336.758.4573 or email@example.com.