Pre-Work Assignments & Textbooks
Technology Overview (required)
Please complete the Technology Overview prior to August 22, 2018. This site contains video modules that will familiarize you with the technology available at the School of Business. It should take 20-30 minutes to complete. Click here to begin: http://go.wfu.edu/sbtechoverview
Effective Learning Session at Orientation
At the School of Business, faculty often use the case study method to help students develop strategic thinking skills. Dean Charles Iacovou will facilitate a session at Orientation using a sample case to demonstrate this method of teaching. Watch for an email with the link to the case and the accompanying articles to be sent soon.
Highly Recommended – WFU Discounted Price is only $100
- MBA Math is a self-paced, online quantitative skills course with 24 lessons covering basic quantitative skills in finance, accounting, economics, statistics, and spreadsheets. The full course generally takes 20 to 40 hours to complete.
- The focus at MBA Math is on the basics, making efficient use of your time. With the greater confidence of a firmer quantitative foundation, you should be in a better position to take on the formidable challenges of the MBA quantitative core.
- To purchase a one-year subscription to MBA Math:
- Go to mbamath.com, click the Admitted Student link, review information as desired, and then click the Purchase button. Alternately, you can go directly to the purchase page at www.mbamath.com/adminportal/register.aspx.
- Enter the promotion code WFWMY17XM on the registration page to receive the discount price of $100 (please do not share this code with others).
- Select Wake Forest Winston-Salem from the drop-down program list.
- The one-year subscription allows you to complete the course before school starts and also return to the material as needed during the school year. Visit mbamath.com/status/admitted.htm for more information.
- If you purchase MBA Math, sign into your account, click ‘Change Account Info’ in the bottom left of the Start tab, confirm Wake Forest Winston-Salem from the dropdown program list, check the ‘Approve School Access to Account Quiz Results’ box, and click Submit.
Title IX Training
Introduction to Understanding and Preventing Sexual Misconduct (sign-off required)
- The Wake Forest University Title IX Office and the School of Business Integrative Student Services team has collaborated to produce this training, which was specifically developed with the needs of MBA students in mind, and articulates important standards regarding our life together in the WFU community.
- Please read through the following information:
- Click here to confirm that you have reviewed this material.
- Click here to complete the biographical information survey.
Emergency Contact Information
- Click here to provide emergency contact information.
New Student Agreements
- Click here to read the new student agreements.
- The purpose of presenting them here is so that you have the opportunity to review them prior to Orientation.
- You will sign these forms, or slight variations of these forms, during Orientation.
- The most current academic calendar is available online at the Academic Services page. It lists the dates you will have class for the first year of the program.
All textbooks are required and are included with your tuition. Books will be distributed at Orientation.
Contact Pat Peacock, Associate Director, Winston-Salem Evening MBA Integrative Student Services, at 336.758.4573 or email@example.com.