Life at Wake Forest
Life at the Wake Forest School of Business provides a unique experience for the graduate business student. The time spent here offers much more than a rewarding curriculum; it offers the opportunity to be a part of a close-knit community. We believe extracurricular activities including clubs and organizations, charitable contributions, and events are an integral part of the growing process.
At the Charlotte Center, selected students represent their classmates on the Student Engagement Council, whose mission is to build community and enhance the experience of fellow Charlotte MBA students.
Integrative Student Services is armed to ensure students receive a robust experience not only in the classroom, but also through external programming. Opportunities include the following:
- Deacon Discussion Series – program connecting the Wake Forest community with both internal and external leaders. Potential DDS speakers include senior business leaders in the Charlotte community, Wake Forest senior leadership, and panelists from a variety of industries, companies and functions.
- Deacon Dash – provides students development opportunities that supplement their in-class learning. The programing focuses on practical advice regarding leadership effectiveness and managing one’s career. These events are “quick hitters” lasting 30-45 minutes before class (EVE) or during break (SAT). These events are strategically timed to ensure that all students have access to external programming.
- Executive in Residence Program – provides students unique access to experts in specific fields, offering opportunities to network with leaders across a range of industries. The program provides a deeper understanding of business practices and leadership development to enhance career growth. Only available to current MBA students, each student has the opportunity to sit down 1:1 with the EIR for 30-45 minutes, discussing topics ranging from professional development to leadership advice.
Explore Integrative Student Services to learn more about the following:
- Academic Services
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- Student Traditions
- Market Readiness & Engagement