Microsoft Analytics Accelerator with Power BI
This is a unique multi-day deep dive program across the Microsoft Analytics ecosystem weaving in breakthrough analytics topics including dashboards, interactive decision support, data visualization theory and applications, advanced charting, machine learning, and predictive analytics.
Although not an introductory course, faculty have scaled the curriculum to address learning competencies for beginner to advanced knowledge sets. This program has been designed for individuals and analytics teams to gain immediate and practical skills to solve pressing business problems.
What You’ll Learn:
- How knowing Excel will make you more comfortable using Power BI (they were made by the same people).
- How to make best use of the interactivity in Excel and Power BI to create informative dashboards.
- Expert tips and tricks in both Excel and Power BI not found elsewhere.
- How to implement data visualization research into Excel and Power BI and using the right messaging to your target audience.
This Course Includes:
- Step-by-step content on what is needed to become experts in Microsoft analytics
- Pre-built examples participants can keep after the class and immediately implement into their own work.
- Free one year access to Excel.TV’s course library ($30,000 value) for all program participants to continue learning in a self-paced, video on-demand environment
What You Will Need for the Program
- Students should bring a laptop with Windows 8 or newer on it
- Excel 2016/2019 or Excel for Office 365
- Power BI Desktop with a recent build (if available)
- Ability to download and save files
Program participants will receive files required to complete labs before each class day.
Who Should Attend?
The program is ideal for individuals and teams familiar with Excel. Business analyst, data analyst, financial analyst, analytics manager, program or project manager and other analytics leaders will be comfortable with the course content, pace, and challenge. Experience in Power BI is not a prerequisite, as faculty will trace how Excel knowledge directly ties into newer technologies.
Registration and Payment Form
This is an open enrollment program. Application is not required. Course registration is complete when payment is processed. Upon registration, a representative of Wake Forest will contact you to validate the registration information and to assist in fee payment. Please use the button to begin the registration process.
Registration deadline is September 1.
Additional Program Information
Jordan is an internationally recognized analytics professional and data visualization expert, author, and speaker. He is Chief Operations Officer at Excel.TV, a Microsoft analytics training and consulting company. He is the author of Advanced Excel Essentials and Dashboards for Excel. Past clients include NATO Training Mission, the Pentagon, Principal Financial, and H&M. Jordan once used his Excel skills to save the Air Force $60 million dollars.
His work has been cited by and quoted in the Associated Press, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, and American Express OPEN Forum. He was previously an Excel MVP Award holder for six years where he had the chance to provide feedback and direction to Microsoft product teams. Jordan also volunteers time as an EMT in his community.
This program offers three track options:
- Track 1: October 5-6 — Program begins promptly at 9:00 and will wrap-up no later than 4:15.
- Track 2: October 8-9 — Program begins promptly at 9:00 and will wrap-up no later than 4:15.
- Track 3: Full Program – both Tracks 1 & 2, October 5-6 & 8-9
- Track 1 – $1,250 (day 1 & 2)
- Track 2 – $1,250 (day 3 & 4)
- Track 3 – $2,200 (combines Track 1 & 2)
The cost of the program includes materials, continental breakfast and lunch, and is due in full at time of registration.
Wake Forest University alumni, faculty, and staff receive a 25% tuition discount. If multiple participants are interested in attending from your organization, please contact us for multi-attendee discount information. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
Wake Forest University Charlotte Center
200 N. College Street, Suite 150
Charlotte, NC 28202
Parking is available in the Wake Forest Charlotte Center parking deck, which is adjacent to the Wake Forest Charlotte Center on 5th Street.
Wake Forest University Charlotte Center – Map, directions & parking
Day 1 – EXCEL FUNDAMENTALS
- Advanced Lookup & Array Formulas
- Excel Tables and Structured References
- Error Checking – Creating FAST spreadsheets
- Building Interactive Elements
- Dashboards – Visualizing Data for Decision Makers
Day 2 – ANALYTICS THEORY & APPLICATIONS
- Data Visualization Principles
- Advanced Excel Charts – building charts not in Excel’s library
- Predictive Analytics – Forecasting Models
- Exploratory Data Analysis
Day 3 – POWER BI FUNDAMENTALS
- Connecting to different datasets
- Using Power Query to transform data
- Deep dive into Power BI’s data visualization library
- Intro Creating Interactive Reports + Dashboards
Day 4 – DAX & POWER BI ONLINE
- CALCULATE Functions
- Filter Contexts
- Financial calculations
- Time Intelligence Functions
- Power BI Online
Track 3 includes both track 1 & 2.
Course materials are included in the cost of tuition. Course materials will be distributed electronically in advance of the program start date. Participants must have a laptop or tablet computer to access course materials.
This course is offered contingent upon sufficient enrollment. If a course must be cancelled, all registered participants will be notified at least five (5) calendar days before the course’s start date. All registered participants will receive a 100% tuition refund. No fees will be charged for cancelled courses.
Individual Cancellation – Refund Policy
Prospective participants who withdraw at least 10 days prior to the start of a course will receive a full refund of tuition paid.