Make a Move Without Losing Momentum
Career opportunities abound for those Charlotte MBA students and graduates looking to make a move. Whether you are still earning your MBA or joining the ranks of our alumni, the Center for Market Readiness & Employment is here to ensure that you make the most of your education and accelerate your career momentum.
As a student, you will receive one-on-one career coaching and mentorship through our MR&E Center with benefits that continue long after graduation. The MR&E team offers:
- Guidance through our extensive alumni network
- Assessment of your career options & refinement of career goals
- Connection with corporate contacts
- Assistance in developing practical and soft skills to accelerate lifelong career advancement
“The career services team helped give me the kind of outside-the-classroom support that was necessary to start a new career path, but less than six months after landing my dream job, my entire division was eliminated. Instead of panicking, I took lessons learned from my counselor to hit the ground running, landing and solidifying an even better position with the same company less than two weeks later.”
– Michael Nestor, MBA ‘10
The Executive In Residence program provides students unique access to experts in specific fields, offering opportunities to network with leaders across a range of industries. The program provides a deeper understanding of business practices and leadership development to enhance career growth.
Executive in Residence Participants:
- Jim Johnston, former Chairman and CEO of R.J. Reynolds
- T.J. Eberle, former CEO of NouvEON/hiSoft, Wake Forest MBA ‘98
- Jean Davis, former Sr. Executive VP Operations Technology & eCommerce, Wachovia
- Jim Donald, former CEO, Starbucks and current CEO, Extended Stay Hotels
“Speaking with Executive in Residence T.J. Eberle helped me to start thinking about different career paths that were of interest to me. He provided very honest feedback on all my questions and was a valuable resource.”
– Nakul Bhatia, Evening MBA ‘12
Where Our Students Work
The results speak for themselves. Our students consistently make significant career strides during the two years of their MBA program and beyond. They routinely advance in their organizations and land jobs in Financial Services, Consumer Products, Manufacturing, Consulting, Health Care and Technology at top companies such as Bank of America, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Duke Energy, Grant Thornton, Cardinal Health, and Hanes Industries, just to name a few.