Each year the School of Business awards scholarships to eligible, deserving applicants who we feel would benefit greatly from a Wake Forest education and contribute significantly to the intellectual and civic life of the campus. Award decisions are based on considerations including academic merit, financial need, and individual award criteria.
- All applications received by the scholarship deadline are automatically considered for general scholarship awards.
- Candidates who apply after the scholarship deadline will be considered as funds are available.
- Scholarship decisions are made in conjunction with admissions decisions on a rolling basis. Applicants who are awarded a scholarship will be notified at the time of the admissions decision.
The Charlotte Evening MBA program offers several types of scholarships, including endowed awards and other scholarship awards offered on a competitive basis. All scholarships will be based on information collected through the admissions application. No separate scholarship application is required. Other external scholarship opportunities are listed below with links for additional information.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Wake Forest University School of Business has partnered with the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement campaign, which helps veterans and eligible dependents pay the cost of tuition. The School of Business Enrollment Management Center administers the program and funds are available for Wake Forest graduate business programs including MBA, MSA and MA degrees. The Yellow Ribbon campaign is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and provides matching scholarship funds to honor military service for those serving post 9/11. Veterans who are 100% eligible and qualify for the Yellow Ribbon program will receive up to $12,850 in matching funds from the University per academic year.
What are the next steps:
- To take advantage of this program, please verify your Yellow Ribbon Program eligibility with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Complete the Yellow Ribbon application process through the Department of Veteran Affairs.
- In addition, you will need to complete the online application for the Wake Forest University School of Business.
Military MBA Partnership
As a Military MBA partner school, Wake Forest supports military officers interested in obtaining an MBA degree for career advancement. For more information on Military MBA services, including available scholarships, visit their website.
As a military-friendly school, Wake Forest University prides itself on the success of military students returning to earn graduate business degrees at the School of Business. MBA graduates with prior military service are highly recruited and typically receive multiple job offers with strong compensation packages. The Dean of Business, Executive Director of the Evening MBA program and numerous faculty members are military veterans who understand the unique value added by students who possess military experience. Our Military Student Association also provides support to MBA students and spouses making the transition to Wake Forest.
For more information on making the transition from the military to pursuing a graduate degree in business, contact Kevin Bender, Executive Director and Lieutenant Colonel US Army Reserve, at 336.758.3091 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choosing the Evening MBA program enabled Maria to advance her career without interruption, and receiving a scholarship helped solidify her decision. As a new employee at Hanesbrands Inc., she has found a large alumni network at her company, and credits her program for helping her grow and excel in her new position.