One-on-One Attention to Maximize your Market Readiness
While the job market can be challenging, the Center for Market Readiness & Employment offers a comprehensive range of resources to ensure that you are well prepared to implement an effective job search strategy.
- Personalized Career Coaching is provided to all graduate and undergraduate business students. Each program has one or more designated coaches who teach, coach, motivate, support and encourage students to find their calling and pursue a rewarding career path. The coaches in the MR&E Center can easily adapt to accommodate the various stages of personal career development for each student. They provide a framework to help students identify their passion and purpose, while also coaching them through successful preparation and performance. The Center strives to cultivate strong relationships with students and provide lifelong coaching to all graduates from the Wake Forest School of Business.
- Career Workshops help students discover interests, refine career focus, employ job-search tools and strategies, and sharpen interview and negotiation skills.
- One-on-One Interview Preparation is essential and could be the deciding factor in landing a dream job. The MRE team can provide students with valuable guidance and support that will give them the confidence needed to dominate an interview.
- Resume Critique provides one-on-one assistance from our career coaches as well as assistance from alumni and corporate networks to help students create and showcase the best resume possible throughout their careers.
- The Career Management Course (required for MS in Management and Full-time MBA students) helps students understand business career paths and gain a competitive advantage in the global workplace by developing lifelong career management skills. These strategic and tactical skills include identifying purpose and career preferences, making informed career decisions, completing and executing a career development and action planning process, developing networks and relationships, creating customized self-marketing tools, and mastering interviewing requirements.
- Video-Recorded Mock Interviews are often called the greatest aids early in a job search. Interviews are conducted by Center staff members as well as industry professionals who have corporate training and experience in various functional areas. The mock interviews are videotaped and professionally critiqued to improve and polish each student’s interviewing skills.
- Student Clubs offer valuable and rewarding opportunities to discover and pursue interests, expand your network, find leadership opportunities, and build your experience. Wake Forest has a wide range of student clubs and organizations, as well as student groups, competitions and activities. Learn More.
- Networks are essential in finding the many “hidden” opportunities in today’s job market. The MRE career coaches can help you develop a plan to build your professional network, including engaging with alumni and maximizing your reach through social networks.