Professor Cynthia Tessien
Full Professor of Practice, Reznick Group Faculty Fellow
Cynthia Tessien, Reznick Group Faculty Fellow Professor of Practice, has experience as a CEO, COO and CFO during her 18 year career at Inmar, Inc., a technology driven solutions provider for retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers. She is a Certified Public Accountant and member of the AICPA and NCACPA who earned her B.S. in Accountancy from Wake Forest University. Cynthia and her husband Bill own and are the Executive Directors of A Step Ahead Academic Centers LLC, learning communities which provide one-on-one tutoring, homeschool classes and multi-sensory reading instruction. Cynthia is also the co-founder of Enrich the World, Inc., an educational support organization for school children and their teachers in an environmentally protected region of Honduras.
Executive management, mergers and acquisitions, shareholder relations and recapitalizations, treasury operations, business process outsourcing.
- All areas of business, with a concentration in accounting.
- 2016 - WFU Senior Class Teaching Award, WFU Senior Class of 2016
- 2015 - WFU Senior Class Teaching Award, WFU Senior Class of 2015
- 2014 - Omicron Delta Kappa membership, Omicron Delta Kappa
- 2014 - T.B.Rose Fellowship in Business Award, Wake Forest University School of Business
- 2014 - Dinner with Impact, Provost / Dean's Offices, Wake Forest University